Commonly known as Hottentots Holland sugarbush
- This species is one of the white sugarbushes.
- It grows into a neat erect slender shrub or small tree of 2-5m
- Flowering occurs from autumn to winter.
- The flowers vary from cream to pink and are funnel shaped, becoming untidy as they open further and are invaded by bees and nectar feeding birds.
- The oval shaped blue/grey leaves are quite thick and tough.
- The height, slenderness and foliage make this a popular landscaping plant.
- It's an easy to grow shrub that does well in well drained soil.
- Seeds should be sown in Autumn.
- Hardy to USDA zone 8.