Commonly known as Confettii Bush
- When in flower, the bush looks as if white or pink confetti has been sprinkled over it.
- It is a must for any garden – is highly adaptable to different climates, hardy to wind and frost tolerant and grows into a beautiful evergreen, feathery, aromatic shrub of upto 2m in height.
- It flowers anytime from late winter to early summer and the flowers are pink or white tiny star shaped flowers.
- The leaves have excellent insect repellent properties.
- Campers use it by rubbing their bedding with twigs and leaves to keep mosquitoes and other insects away.
- Fisherman also use it to get rid of the fishy smell on their hands. You can make a wash by adding a cup of leaves and flowers to 1 litre of boiling water and allowing it to steep. It also gives a lovely fresh scent to pot pourri.
- The best time to use it is during spring and summer when the bush is in flower.
- Great as cut flower as filler.
- Plant seeds in autumn.
- Hardy to USDA zone 8.