Commonly known as Blushing Bride, Pride of Franschhoek
- This is one of the most delicately beautiful flowers of the Proteaceae family and is often used by florists in bridal bouquets.
- It grows to a height of around 1.5m, becoming straggly if left unpruned.
- They like full sun and resent any addition of fertilizer.
- The flowers are small and compact and made up of clusters of up to 8 flowerheads per branch.
- They have a white/creamy colour with a delicate blush of pink, which is caused by the movement of the flower.
- The flowers have a papery feel and have an exceptionally long vase life - up to 6 weeks.
- They flower during early spring and would be a superb addition to any garden.
- Plant seeds in autumn.
- Hardy to USDA zone 9.