Commonly known as Silverleaf-wheel pincushion
- A large, erect grey, hairy- leafed shrub growing to 2-3m tall.
- The flower-heads are large and appear in spring, with the flowers being a pale to bright yellow colour, and the longish styles turning away from the centre after opening, giving it a Catherine- wheel appearance.
- It is one of the group of fireworks pincushions
- They are excellent for flower arranging and eye catching, especially for the medium to larger gardens.
- They enjoy well drained, acidic soils.
- Sow seeds in autumn.
- They are hardy to USDA zone 9.